Nerd Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From FMA to Naruto, discuss everything you know! Post pages of manga, gab about your favorite show, embark on big adventures in RPs and play OOC games!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova

Nova

The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya Empty
PostSubject: The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:38 am

I've written a lot of good about this show in the past, but that time has now ended, and my fanboy-dom of this show is OVER. Going on two "vacations", and trying to run my forum had put me behind on anime, so tonight I decided to catch up after a month. I was severely disappointed with this ex-fave show of mine. After the shit KyoAni, the producers of the show, handed us fans, I feel so much hate for the show it almost burns. Let me explain.

About the show: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya follows the adventures of a quite "unique" group of teens. As the main character and protagonist, Kyon began his first year of High School like any other guy. But, after showing interest in a fellow class mate, Haruhi Suzumiya, she creates a club called the S.O.S. Brigade and, against his will, enrolls Kyon, and three other members, Asahina Mikuru, Yuki Nagato, and Itsuki Koizumi. However, this is when the madness begins. Kyon soon learns he is the only regular human in the club, and that his life is no longer "normal". He finds out Mikuru is a time traveler, Koizumi is an esper, and Yuki is an alien, and their reason for being there is Haruhi, who is an anomaly. In short, she's God, and unconsciously bends reality depending on her mood. Unfortunately, she's a bit of a wild card, and keeping her entertained of this world, so that she doesn't discard it out of boredom and make a new one, is a hard task for poor Kyon.

If you want to know more, watch the damn show. I made this topic to review and complain, not to hand the show's plot to you.

Information: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was originally a light novel and maga series in Japan. It was considered a Sci-Fi, and a bit of an almost "Teen" show. In 2006, an anime was made, and released of it.

Season 1 Info: The first season was 14 episodes long, and consisted of the first few adventures of Haruhi Suzumiya and her "friends". The show was unique because it did not release its episodes in chronological order. Instead, it was almost random, and at the end of every episode, when usually the next episode is introduced, two of the characters revealed the next episode's true chronological order.

Review: This season was amazing. 10/10. A+. 5 Stars. Get it? It made the show seem to be a god itself. In fact, this show sparked a wave of an otaku semi-religion called Haruhi-ism. I LOVED IT, and made my friend sit through it.

Season 2 Info: The second season of this show was announced in early 2008, and began in May 2009. Instead of just airing the new season, or making it random like its predecessor, KyoAni instead decided to re-air the first season, in chronological order, and put the episodes of season 2 where they belonged chronologically, revealing some of season 2 chronologically took place in between episodes of season 1. The show just aired the ninth episode of season 2, and plans on airing at least 1 more.

Review: Horrific. Stink fest. 2/10. D-. 1 Star. Get it? This season has so far made a mockery of the show, and hasn't even finished. With only nine episodes, only two episodes of story has been revealed. Episode 1 was an interesting episode, with its own story that ended after it. Episode 2 seemed that way too, except instead of Sci-Fi, it felt more like a filler, only recapping some summer time activities the gang partook in. Still interesting. Then, episode 3 rolled around, and it was...the same thing. Or, at least it began that way. After sitting through the plot of episode 2, it is revealed the gang is actually in a time loop, because Haruhi just can't let summer go. Other than that, the episode is just the same episode as episode 2, only with different camera angles and ver minute changes in dialogu and costume. It ended with the time loop inevitably happening again.

Big deal, right? I thought I could sit through one more episode of the same plot, as long as it resolved the time loop at the end. Episode 4 rolled around, and it didn't. It just repeated episode 3, but with small changes.

Sounds dumb right? Well...it was an eight part episode. That's right. An Endless Eight, the eight most recent episodes of season 2 were called (and there's only been 9 so far!).

So, instead of a new season, with new episodes, and a stimulating plot, we Haruhi fans instead received 8 episodes of the same garbage. One (episode 2) to present the situations, One (episode 9) to resolve the problem, and six more (episodes 3-Cool to present said problem! WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!

See this review by a brass2damax from www.myanimelist.net for more detail on my disdain. He seemed to have summed it up all quite well:

Spoiler:

I hope after this shit, KyoAni can release some GOOD new episodes, to fill the hole in my heart. If they can't, I'm just gonna drop this show.

I'm sorry if this rant of mine seemed pointless to you. I just needed a place to complain about this garbage, and a forum with a section on anime and manga was my best bet. So, if you've seen all this, you can agree or disagree. If you haven't, take it as a warning. Instead of sitting through An Endless Eight, just watch episode 1, 2, 3, and 9 of the season (of what's been released so far).
Back to top Go down
http://novastadium.darkbb.com/forum.htm
禁断の愛
Admin
禁断の愛

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 am

Dude... That would've pissed me off.

Showing the same episode 5 times? Shit. That's almost as devistating as Naruto filler.

Why do all anime series end up like this? Infuriating fans with the filler/pointless episodes?

Thanks for placing the rant here! I was going to check out Haruhi, but now I can see season 2 is a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
http://nerdcentral.heavenforum.com
Nova

Nova

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Seriously...

Though, they actually aired the same episode 8 times, just once (the first episode in the Endless Eight) they omitted the time loop theory (they didn't want to introduce so early), and once (the last episode of the Endless Eight) they solved it right at the end. Other than that, the six middle ones were EXACTLY the same story wise, and the first and last still had mostly the same stuff.

But, like I said, season 1 was superb, and if you just skip the six middle episodes of the Endless Eight, ya won't get as pissed as I did.
Back to top Go down
http://novastadium.darkbb.com/forum.htm
禁断の愛
Admin
禁断の愛

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:18 pm

...You should be an anime news reporter. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://nerdcentral.heavenforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya   The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Melancholy of [the fans of] Harhi Suzumiya
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nerd Central :: Anime/Manga Discussion :: Anime-
Jump to: